ATL Area: Communication
ATL Skill: Use appropriate forms of writing for different purposes and audiences
A great way to communicate online is by creating a blog. Blogging is like writing a diary, where you can see a development of thoughts over time. A blog allows you to provide information for other people and share opinions regarding the work you have been doing in class. It is also a great way to identify appropriate writing styles for different audiences. Tip: You can also upload videos and pictures into your blog!
To earn this badge:
Create a blog using a popular blogging platform. A good one to begin with is Blogger as it is linked to your school email account, however the use of other platforms such as WordPress is perfectly acceptable.
Your blog should contain:
– Detailed reflections about learning taking place in a class, offering insights into ways that you approached tasks and how this could be improved in future
– A clear connection between posts showing a development of ideas. Posts discuss what you have written previously and how your thoughts have developed
– The appropriate use of media to supplement the content of your posts that is directly linked to post content and is used as a reference point in the post
– Blog posts stimulate online debate amongst others in the year group
– All sources are referenced in the posts by providing links to original digital texts. This can include linking to the original author’s Twitter, webpage, webshop or blog.
When you have written five posts you can apply for the badge!
– Paste the link your blog into the “Apply” section below.
– Type your name in the box, too.
Once your blog has been verified you will receive a notification that the badge is now visible on your profile!