ATL Area: Thinking
ATL Skill: “Create original works and ideas”
Making movies is a great way to display knowledge and understanding. Good educational movies include a combination of audio, video clips, still images, text and even background music. The focus here is on originality and you are responsible for ensuring that the content you create is in your own style. Doing this allows you to get your message across while letting your individual personality shine through, too. Tip: Google and YouTube are your friends! If you are unsure of how to do something when making a movie, there are numerous tutorials online! (Alternatively come to the Tech Bar- we are happy to help)
To earn this badge:
Create a movie using movie making programme such as iMovie (or an online version such as WeVideo www.wevideo.com if you prefer).
Your movie should:
- Be at least six minutes long
- Contain a mixture of video recording, still images and audio
- Include audio or textual referencing to sources that you used
- Make use of “transitions” for smooth continuation between sections
- Have background music that is of an appropriate style depending on the content of your video (make sure this is quiet enough to hear your voice, though!)
- Make use of advanced techniques such as “green screen” or “video in video”
When you have made your movie you can apply for the badge!
Upload your movie to Google Drive, change the “sharing settings” to allow anyone with the link to view your video. Copy the link and paste it into the form below alongside your name.
Once your movie has been verified you will receive a notification that the badge is now visible on your profile!