ATL Area: Communication
ATL Skill: Use appropriate forms of writing for different purposes and audiences
A great way to communicate online is by creating a blog. Blogging is like writing a diary, where you can see a development of thoughts over time. A blog allows you to provide information for other people and share opinions regarding the work you have been doing in class. It is also a great way to identify appropriate writing styles for different audiences. Tip: You can also upload videos and pictures into your blog!
To earn this badge:
Create a blog using a popular blogging platform. A good one to begin with is Blogger as it is linked to your school email account.
Your blog should contain:
– Detailed reflections about learning taking place in a class, offering insights into ways that you approached tasks and how this could be improved in future
– A clear connection between posts showing a development of ideas
– The appropriate use of media to supplement the content of your posts
– Blog posts stimulate online debate amongst others in the year group
– All sources are referenced in the posts by providing links to original digital texts
When you have written five posts you can apply for the badge!
– Paste the link your blog into the “Apply” section below.
– Type your name in the box, too.
Once your blog has been verified you will receive a notification that the badge is now visible on your profile!